Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ocean Breeze

Lots of people claim to be "Self taught" artists, but in reality almost everybody learns things from somewhere.  Because of this I am not ashamed to say that I love to purchase good tutorials from other artists. I think it's one of the best ways to learn new techniques for beadwork. Some other artists act like it's a taboo to learn things from other people, but that's not me. I accept the fact that I can't know everything right off the bat so in order to evolve, I have to learn from others.
    Anyways, I recently bought a lovely tutorial  from Christina Neit at http://goodquillhunting.com, on how to do a fringed V-necklace (you can purchase the pattern here ). I love this lady's work and really wanted to learn how to do a nice fringe necklace for summer. This is what I came up with.



The lovely photographs were taken by my friend Katie Hart on the beach in Norfolk, Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment