Thursday, May 10, 2012

Soutache Musings...

So lately I have seen a lot of examples of something called soutache in all the beading magazines and blogs. I must say I am very intrigued but am not totally sure if I will attempt it just yet. Let me give you some picture to explain what I mean by soutache.

This amazing bracelet was made by Anneta Valious.
 And these are by Amee McNamara. You can see her work here. She is also featured in the latest issue of bead and button magazine. And she also offers tutorials and kits for sale on her website.
As you can seen it is a combination of beads and some sort of silk trim. Luckily I found a pretty nice tutorial on how to do it. Unfortunately it's in French.... But that's okay, the photos are more than enough :D You can see the tutorial here.  Seems like this may be my next project venture.....

No comments:

Post a Comment