Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Progress Update

Okay, so here's everything I have been working on for the past couple of days. I have about 5 different projects going on at once :P 
I just started this piece of bead embroidery today. It's sort of an olivey selection of colors to go with this stone. I got the cabochon a while bad at a bead show in Richmond. It's called apatite and apparently comes from Russia. It's kind of hard to tell from the photo but the stone has a really amazing sparkle / luster to it. I think it should turn out pretty nice, a decent summer color that could easily transfer into fall........ Next up, CRYSTALS!
As you can see here I have done all the bezels for each stone. I am really loving the crystal one, am thinking it will be an ice queen inspired necklace.
This one here has a peacock colored stone to it. This picture really doesn't do the colors justice but Oh well. When it's finished the whole stone will be surrounded with 2 layers of these petals, creating a really cool flower type pendant. 
I have started to do the cubic right angle weave cord to go with this one, which is coming along nicely I think. Am still not totally sure which direction this necklace is going yet. Maybe a more modern look?

And here are a few other shots of these two individually......

No comments:

Post a Comment